Kilauea, Kauai residents ready for 9-hour H2O shutdown
December 18, 2015 - Essential Water
On Kauai, a Department of Water (DOW) is reminding Kilauea residents that a 9-hour H2O shutdown is scheduled from 8 p.m. Thursday through 5 a.m. Friday.
Kilauea customers, from Kahili Makai Street to Kalihiwai Road, will have no H2O use during a shutdown.
Additionally, there might be low H2O vigour or few H2O outages for circuitously Waipake residents from Kahili Makai Street to Kapuna Road, and Kalihiwai residents on Kahiliholo Road.
All Kilauea residents are urged to take a following steps:
- Store adequate H2O to accommodate your needs during a shutdown.
- Notify family, friends and neighbors that might be influenced by a shutdown.
- Those with inadequate H2O heaters should safeguard that H2O heaters do not dull during a shutdown.
- Those with low H2O vigour should preserve H2O until a shutdown is completed. Water charge measures embody regulating H2O usually for celebration and sanitation purposes, and branch off any involuntary sprinklers and outward irrigation systems.
- Drive with counsel and concede additional transport time while move by a construction area.
- The DOW will yield dual H2O buffaloes for essential H2O needs during a Kilauea Neighborhood Center during this scheduled shutdown. Customers will need to move their possess H2O containers.
The DOW is also advising all residents in a Waipake, Kilauea and Kalihiwai areas on what to design when a H2O categorical is incited behind on.
After a tie is finished and H2O is incited behind on, it is rarely probable that existent lees in a line could get influenced adult and seem brownish-red in tone as it comes by a home’s H2O system. If this occurs, H2O should be burning out by an outward hose bib until it is clear.
Additionally, atmosphere could be churned into a H2O causing it to seem white or chalky in color. This is also normal and a atmosphere in a H2O will eventually dissipate.
The 9-hour H2O shutdown will concede a DOW’s contractor, Earthworks Pacific Inc., to bond a new H2O categorical that will yield H2O complement improvements to a Kilauea Elementary School area.
The DOW will send out any changes or updates around a Connect CTY presentation complement and online here.
For some-more information, call a DOW during 245-5455.